Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding dirt and wear, part of Maya: Game Prop Creation.
In this video I'll look at adding some dirt and wear to my texture sheet. …What I've done here is revised the rust and added the hammer rust on as well. …I started out with a new document for making the rust on the wrought iron, trying at it …6,000 square instead of 3,000. …I've repeated the process on the hammer, trying a giant document and taking out little bits …with the magic wand to give me that speckled rust texture. …I've laid this over as a Multiply, and we can see here in this layer 3, it's actually very, …very bright orange.…
But when it multiplies over, I get a speckled rusty hammered finish. …I'll rename this and call it Hammer rust. …Now I'm ready to work on some dirt and wear. …I still need to get a woodgrain going in here, but I need to get some uneven dirt going. …If I put this on, it's going to look too clean. Yes it's rusty, but especially on the hammer …handle and on the ladder here. I need to paint in some dirt. …What I'll do is go back and refresh myself, looking at the UVs and seeing where they are …
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.