In this video I'll add some detail into the panel where the dials are.…I'll zoom in and make some new layers for them to have their bumps.…I'll turn off the color and turn of the specular color as well, opening up the…bump group, and I'm going to make another new layer.…If you notice, it made my layer outside of that group.…If that happens, you can always take that layer and drag it into the group and…then pull it up to where you need.…I'm going to grab it, pull it up to the top, and I'll name this one dials.…I'll go back and take a look at the reference and see what I need to make.…
It's a little fuzzy, but really, what it looks like is that it's a fairly flat panel.…There is just some small rectangular recesses in here and maybe a couple of rusty rivets.…It doesn't hurt to add on some extra detail.…What I'll also do is go look at some other gas pumps and see if it's in the…right direction or if I need to add more to it.…These gas pumps have glass in them, so that's not really a good indicator.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.