Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding details by beveling and extruding, part of Maya: Game Prop Creation.
In this video I will look at beveling and extruding on these boards.…I have added in some new edge loops, and I've done this also with the…Preserve UVs check box on.…What we can see here, if I look in the Texture Editor is that the UVs have propagated.…As I have subdivided these boards with just the Insert Edge Loop tool, those new…edge loops land still along the existing shells nicely.…Now I am ready to subdivide, and I will show what this looks like.…When I choose Mesh > Smooth and making sure in the dialog that I am…preserving my hard edges. I'm going to see these smooth.…
And there is those UVs preserved nicely.…This is good because it's a one-to-one match right now in the UVs of the high…poly versus the low poly.…We do have some latitude, and that's the point behind projection and a…percentage we are going to see in the Transfer Maps dialog, where we can project…a cage outside of the mesh looking for other parts. That way, if I take a board…and push it up or down, the low poly will look outside the original zone of the…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.