Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding detail and softening edges, part of Maya: Game Prop Creation.
In this video I'll add some detail to my chair.…I have continued on the blocking end. I slimmed down the legs because I realized…mine were a little too thick.…I have also moved in and rotated these backs slightly, so it's got a little more…of an arc in the back here, and I snapped the feet down to the floor.…I'm ready to start tapering things and adding details, such as the skirts--also…playing with the smoothing groups to round over some corners.…I'll start to look at adding detail here in the back legs.…I'll look at the reference to see where they taper first.…We can see on the back legs, it's really after this stretcher that they need to…taper--that they're fairly consistent from here most of the way up.…
I'll taper that down making sure I taper from the outside corner in.…Then I'll go and add some skirts in and finally these bars across the middle.…I'll pick one of the back legs, I have put both in, and it's very likely I'm going…to end up deleting and re-copying or something similar.…I'll zoom in on it, spin around, and pick the bottom polygon.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.