Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding detail and softening the edges of a round chair, part of Maya: Game Prop Creation.
I have got the curved chair roughly modeled.…I have added in the front legs using another bend and a taper to get them tapered and bent.…I have also added in a torus, and I have taken a little time to size this, working…with the radius and its position back and forth in the chair to get it in the right place.…I have bent this back a little bit more and used the curve as part of the nonlinear…flare to make sure those legs curve.…I feel it's coming along pretty nicely, and I'm ready to work over softening…some edges and adding a little more detail. First, I'm going to add some detail to the top.…
I don't mind if the edges here are very straight, because adding in extra faces…around here would give me a lot of extra geometry.…However, I am going to add in the seat because it is not necessarily a huge…amount of silhouette, but it's noticeably, well there. It does tend to stick up.…I'll press F9, pick the top center vertex, hold Ctrl and press F11 and convert…that selection to faces.…Now I'll hold Shift and right-click and choose Extrude Face.…
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.