Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding detail and hardening edges, part of Maya: Game Prop Creation.
I've got my pry bar and sledgehammer in place, and I am ready to see if there is any more …detail I need and to work, over my hard and soft edges. …It looks like the sledgehammer head is a little bit wide. I am going to scale these in, taking …the end faces and scaling them just to bring down that width, and then I'll work over the …hard and soft edges a bit. …I'll pick these end faces, picking one holding Shift and picking the other, pressing F to …focus, so I am zoomed in nice and big, and R for scale. …A lot of times in modeling I'll actually scale components like this. …That looks a little better; the proportion's right on.…
I think what I'll actually do to add a little bit more detail is bring this back just a …little further and extrude it one more time. …I'll hold Shift and right-click and extrude. And in this case because these are aligned …to the world axes, their z axis goes straight out because it was started as a box in the …perspective view. …What this means I can do is grab that z and pull it and I get an extrusion on both sides …
- Planning for modular textures and models
- Blocking out the overall form of a prop
- Moving and sewing UVs
- Laying out UV coordinates
- Texturing with bump maps
- Converting bump maps to normal maps
- Unwrapping and cloning objects
- Breaking up a model for texturing
- Painting textures from scratch
- Adding detail with beveling and extruding
- Baking high poly model onto a low poly model
- Painting in Mudbox
- Importing and assigning objects and maps in Unity
- Adding lights in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling a Large Prop: Gas Pump
2. Texturing the Gas Pump
3. Modeling Tools and Small Props
4. Modeling Furniture
5. Painting an Old Wood Texture from Scratch
6. Workflow and Integration
7. Sculpting and Painting in Mudbox
8. Ambient Occlusion and Specularity
Painting a specular map6m 48s
9. Importing into Unity and Testing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.