Depth of field mimics the focus effects found in real-world cameras. Learn how to create depth of field effects in the Arnold renderer. In this video, George demonstrates how to create depth of field and focus effects in Maya’s Arnold renderer. He shows how to set the focal point of the camera as well as how to adjust key attributes involved in the effect.
- [Instructor] Now let's take a look at…how to create depth of field in Arnold.…Now depth of field is a camera effect,…so you will apply it to a camera.…And let's go ahead and just take a look at this scene here,…and I've got just a couple of objects here,…and they're lined up so we can get…a good depth of field effect.…Now if we go into Arnold Render View…and do a quick render by doing Run IPR,…you'll see that, well,…everything's pretty much in focus,…but we can change this by going into the camera.…
So I'm going to go ahead into my viewport…and go Select Camera,…go into the attribute editor,…and now we have our camera attributes.…Now this is a reasonably long lens.…It's a 75 millimeter lens.…And that should enhance the effect.…And you would do the same thing with a real camera.…You'd probably use a longer lens.…Now if we scroll down to the Arnold tab,…you'll see that we have Enable Depth of Field,…and then we have a number of attributes here.…
The first one is Focus Distance.…Where in the scene are we focusing?…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.