Join Andy Beane for an in-depth discussion in this video Add bookshelf trim, part of Maya: Advanced Modeling.
- [Tutor] So I'm here in the Maya file, 03_07_Start…and we're going to start adding the trim pieces…and cabinet doors to this particular bookshelf,…so the trim pieces are actually fairly simple to create,…I'm going to start by going into my Right View or my Side View…and we'll go over here to the top…and I'm actually going to add an image plane,…I don't want to just kind of make this shape up,…so I went and found what different trim pieces…would actually look like on a bookshelf like this…and I just drew 'em out into Photoshop in a very simple file…and we're just going to use 'em as reference,…as we're building this, so we're going to choose ImagePlane…and it's going to take me to the sourceimages folder…of our project, Chapter03…and I'm going to choose the TopTrim piece here,…I also have a BottomTrim and a BaseBoard made for you,…if you want to follow along with these particular patterns,…so we're going to hit Open and come down here…and grab our ImagePlane and I'm going to move it…up to this trim piece here,…
- Modeling workflows
- Geometry conversion
- Working with small room objects
- Modeling the top, middle base, and floor base of a table
- Blocking chair shapes in Maya
- Retopology in Mudbox for Maya
- Cleaning up model files
- Managing files and importing
Skill Level Advanced
Creating Shader Networks in Maya and mental raywith Aaron F. Ross5h 28m Intermediate
1. Get Ready to Model
2. Modeling Basics
3. Smaller Room Objects
4. Side Table
5. Leather Chair
6. All Together Now
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.