Become familiar and understand the processes involved in projecting 2D bitmap images on to NURBS surfaces. In this instructional video, George takes a NURBS surface and uses Maya’s projection tools to accurately apply the map to the surface. He then shows how to adjust and refine the placement of the map that has been applied.
- [Instructor] One more way to place textures on surfaces…is to actually just paint the textures themselves.…And we can do this by using Maya's 3D paint tool.…So let's take a look at how this works.…We've got 3D paint under the rendering…menu set, under texturing.…Now before I do anything,…I'm going to go ahead and turn off a layer here.…We have two layers, one is for the ground itself,…the other is for all the other stuff.…So I'm going to turn off the stuff and just leave the ground.…And go ahead and select that.…
And I'm going to go into texturing, 3D paint tool.…And I want to make sure that I click the options here,…because we're going to be working with this quite a bit.…And this brings up the tool settings.…Now this allows me to float a brush above this surface,…but notice how there's a big fat x…in the middle of the brush,…and that means we can't paint anything,…and that's because we need to assign…a texture map to that surface.…So we do this by going down to the bottom…of our tool settings, and under file textures,…
- Getting familiar with the Maya interface
- Configuring viewports and workspaces
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Creating hierarchies and layers in scenes
- Creating polygonal models
- Modeling and refining polygonal meshes
- Working with subdivision surfaces
- Sculpting a basic landscape
- NURBs modeling
- Creating and applying materials and textures
- Adding lights and cameras to a scene
- Rendering in Arnold
- Animating in Maya
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Maya Interface
2. Select and Manipulate Objects
3. Organize Maya Scenes
4. Create Polygonal Models
5. Model Polygonal Meshes
6. Refine Polygonal Meshes
7. NURBS Modeling Techniques
8. Refine NURBS Models
9. Create Materials
10. Apply Materials and Textures
11. Render in Maya
12. Render in Arnold
13. Animate in Maya
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.