Maya 2008 Essential Training
As one of the most advanced 3-D modeling, animation, and rendering packages on the market, Maya 2008 is used extensively in feature films, broadcast, motion graphics, and design. In Maya 2008 Essential Training, animation director and producer George Maestri covers all areas of Maya. From general workflow to manipulating objects, modeling, rendering, paint effects, and animating, these tutorials are ideal for those who quickly need to get up to speed on Maya, whether at the professional or novice 3-D animation level. Exercise files accompany the course.
- Understanding the Maya interface
- Selecting and manipulating objects
- Modeling with polygons and NURBS
- Sculpting and stitching surfaces
- Creating and applying texture maps
- Rendering and adding depth map shadows
- Creating Mental Ray materials
- Applying brushes to existing strokes
- Understanding the basics of animation
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm George Maestri and I'll be your instructor for this lesson. Today we're gonna learn the basics of Autodesk Maya 2008. Now this is a 3D modeling, rendering, and animation package. Maya has been around for about 10 years, and actually it's been around for longer than that, because before that the company that created it, Alias and Wavefront, both had packages that stretched back into the late 80s. So there's about 20 years of development behind Maya. And so, as such, it's a very, very deep package.
There's a ton of features, it can do a lot. It's used for motion pictures, games, television, motion graphics, you name it, Maya has probably done it, and we're going to scratch the surface of Maya today. We're gonna get you up and running in Maya, but there's a lot more to learn. Every single module of Maya is very deep, and you can spend a long time learning Maya. So let's get everything started and we'll go from there.
Maya 2009 New Features44,894 Views
Maya 8 Essential Training234,506 Views
Maya 2011 New Features33,763 Views
Maya 6.5 Essential Training207,296 Views
3ds Max 2010 New Features46,382 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,626,905 Views
Maya 2015 Essential Training646,265 Views
Illustrator CC Essential Training (2013)3,062,460 Views
Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals7,707,894 Views