In this video, get a high-level overview of the Maxwell Studio interface; understand where things are located and review various panels.
- Before we dive into the details of each panel's features…and settings, we'll first do a high level overview…of the interface to better orient ourselves…for upcoming lessons.…Now as you already know at the top level of the screen…you have the menu bar with various drop down menus…and sub menus.…Directly below the menu you have a command toolbar…or top toolbar populated with common tools…that you will be using throughout your staging process…that are conveniently positioned for easy access.…
Note that when you hover over icons in Maxwell Studio…a help label or tool tip will appear to tell you…what the tool is or does.…This will be true for most icons within Studio.…Below the top toolbar as you've already seen,…you have the various panels used during your staging process…so considering our working panel layout…which will be the layout we created and saved…in the previous lesson, mine being named Lynda Training…and starting from the top left of the interface,…we have the viewport panel which is where you will be…
AuthorLeon van den Heever
Instructor Leon van den Heever provides an overview of the functions, capabilities, and material system of this powerful, physically-based renderer. He covers how to navigate the user interface and work with objects and the Material Assistant, primarily focusing on Maxwell Studio as the staging interface of the Maxwell suite, and on tackling actual rendering in Maxwell Render. Plus, he goes into the different types of emitters or lights that you can use to light your scenes, how to create and position the camera, and how to set render options.
- Customizing the interface layout
- Navigating the viewport
- Transforming objects in the viewport
- Adjusting the appearance of objects
- Using Maxwell modifiers and extensions
- Using the Maxwell Studio Material Assistant
- Applying materials to objects
- Lighting environments with the Sky Dome, Physical Sky, and HDR
- Creating and transforming cameras
- Creating depth of field with the camera
- Understanding Maxwell Render options
Skill Level Beginner
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Maxwell Render Introduction
2. Maxwell Studio User Interface
3. Working with Objects
4. Material Assistant
5. Maxwell Lighting
6. Maxwell Cameras
7. Maxwell Render
Next steps1m 34s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.