Gain a general understanding of 3D terminology and examine the features in Maxwell Render.
- [Instructor] There's no real prerequisite for this course, as far as Maxwell Render is concerned. But if you are new to 3D, do a search here on Lynda.com for the Introduction to 3D course, which is authored by George Maestri. Understanding some of the 3D concepts and terminologies will certainly help you. It will also help you to understand some basic photographic principles. And if you don't already, I strongly recommend that you take a look at the Foundations of Photography by author Ben Long, and, in particular, look at the Exposure series that he did.
Other than that, a little enthusiasm and determination and, of course, a passion for 3D visualization will go a long way. With that, let's get to it.
AuthorLeon van den Heever
Instructor Leon van den Heever provides an overview of the functions, capabilities, and material system of this powerful, physically-based renderer. He covers how to navigate the user interface and work with objects and the Material Assistant, primarily focusing on Maxwell Studio as the staging interface of the Maxwell suite, and on tackling actual rendering in Maxwell Render. Plus, he goes into the different types of emitters or lights that you can use to light your scenes, how to create and position the camera, and how to set render options.
- Customizing the interface layout
- Navigating the viewport
- Transforming objects in the viewport
- Adjusting the appearance of objects
- Using Maxwell modifiers and extensions
- Using the Maxwell Studio Material Assistant
- Applying materials to objects
- Lighting environments with the Sky Dome, Physical Sky, and HDR
- Creating and transforming cameras
- Creating depth of field with the camera
- Understanding Maxwell Render options
Skill Level Beginner
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
1. Maxwell Render Introduction
2. Maxwell Studio User Interface
3. Working with Objects
4. Material Assistant
5. Maxwell Lighting
6. Maxwell Cameras
7. Maxwell Render
Next steps1m 34s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.