Take a beginner's look at Maxwell Render Studio. Learn about the functions, capabilities, and material system of this powerful, physically-based renderer.
- Hello, my name is Leon van den Heever and welcome to this Maxwell Render Essentials Training Course. This course is a beginner's course, aimed at those new to Maxwell Render. Maxwell Render is a powerful rendering solution for 3D artists. And Maxwell prides itself on the quality and realism that can be produced with a product. And this is achievable with a very simple render setting configuration. We will be looking at Maxwell's out of the box solutions for scene setup, material creation, and finally rendering your scene.
As far as Maxwell's tool setting's concerned, we will predominantly be learning to use the Maxwell Studio Interface, which is Maxwell's standalone interface, used to set up your scene's assets, to create the lighting, the materials, and compose and control the cameras. With Maxwell Studio as the staging interface of the Maxwell Suite, actual rendering takes place within Maxwell Render, where we will be exploring the benefits this interface offers. As much as practically possible, I've structured the course so you can get hands-on as you follow along.
The content is structured in a logical fashion to teach you how each staging phase builds one on the other, and ultimately everything relevant that you will need to know to use Maxwell for your first render. Learning any new program can be a bit intimidating at first. I'm looking forward to assisting you on this initial journey into using Maxwell Render.
AuthorLeon van den Heever
Instructor Leon van den Heever provides an overview of the functions, capabilities, and material system of this powerful, physically-based renderer. He covers how to navigate the user interface and work with objects and the Material Assistant, primarily focusing on Maxwell Studio as the staging interface of the Maxwell suite, and on tackling actual rendering in Maxwell Render. Plus, he goes into the different types of emitters or lights that you can use to light your scenes, how to create and position the camera, and how to set render options.
- Customizing the interface layout
- Navigating the viewport
- Transforming objects in the viewport
- Adjusting the appearance of objects
- Using Maxwell modifiers and extensions
- Using the Maxwell Studio Material Assistant
- Applying materials to objects
- Lighting environments with the Sky Dome, Physical Sky, and HDR
- Creating and transforming cameras
- Creating depth of field with the camera
- Understanding Maxwell Render options
Skill Level Beginner
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
1. Maxwell Render Introduction
2. Maxwell Studio User Interface
3. Working with Objects
4. Material Assistant
5. Maxwell Lighting
6. Maxwell Cameras
7. Maxwell Render
Next steps1m 34s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.