This video goes into more of the advanced render options in Maxwell Studio.
- [Instructor] Continuing from where we left off…in the previous lesson and the Render Options parameters,…let's now take a look at the Extra tab's features.…The first section is Extra Sampling.…Extra Sampling allows you to define a specific area…that you want to be rendered to a higher sampling level…than the rest of the image.…This can help you to be much more efficient…since often you will be throwing extra samples…at your whole image to merely clear up…a single area within the image.…Basically what happens is that your whole image…will reach a sampling level of, say, 16,…which may clear 95% of the noise in the render.…
But then you can bump the other 5% to, say, 18 SL…to clear up that specific problematic region.…A very useful feature indeed.…Even as a beginner to Maxwell Render,…I feel it's worth knowing exactly how to use Extra Sampling.…The way to tell Maxwell where to apply the extra samples…is by using a custom alpha channel…that you prepared in Photoshop or similar.…Whatever is white in the map will receive extra samples.…
AuthorLeon van den Heever
Instructor Leon van den Heever provides an overview of the functions, capabilities, and material system of this powerful, physically-based renderer. He covers how to navigate the user interface and work with objects and the Material Assistant, primarily focusing on Maxwell Studio as the staging interface of the Maxwell suite, and on tackling actual rendering in Maxwell Render. Plus, he goes into the different types of emitters or lights that you can use to light your scenes, how to create and position the camera, and how to set render options.
- Customizing the interface layout
- Navigating the viewport
- Transforming objects in the viewport
- Adjusting the appearance of objects
- Using Maxwell modifiers and extensions
- Using the Maxwell Studio Material Assistant
- Applying materials to objects
- Lighting environments with the Sky Dome, Physical Sky, and HDR
- Creating and transforming cameras
- Creating depth of field with the camera
- Understanding Maxwell Render options
Skill Level Beginner
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Maxwell Render Introduction
2. Maxwell Studio User Interface
3. Working with Objects
4. Material Assistant
5. Maxwell Lighting
6. Maxwell Cameras
7. Maxwell Render
Next steps1m 34s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.