This video wraps up the course.
- [Leon] With that we have come to the end…of this essentials training series on Maxwell Render.…It was my goal to not make this course merely…a show and tell training, but to also give you…the opportunity to follow along at times…and get some hands-on practice to speed up your learning.…It was also my goal to cover enough detail and features…without getting too advanced too quickly…to equip you as a beginner to Maxwell,…to be able to create your first render…in as short a time possible while following best practices…for a well-optimized and efficient render.…
I hope that I've achieved these outsets…and would appreciate your feedback.…I would recommend you go through the course again…to ground yourself on what has been covered,…and then, as soon as possible, to do a render project…of your own, applying what you have learned.…There's no better way to learn than to do.…To conclude, having completed this training series…with version four, and Next Limit offering…the ability to do GPU rendering,…I personally feel that the product was released prematurely.…
AuthorLeon van den Heever
Instructor Leon van den Heever provides an overview of the functions, capabilities, and material system of this powerful, physically-based renderer. He covers how to navigate the user interface and work with objects and the Material Assistant, primarily focusing on Maxwell Studio as the staging interface of the Maxwell suite, and on tackling actual rendering in Maxwell Render. Plus, he goes into the different types of emitters or lights that you can use to light your scenes, how to create and position the camera, and how to set render options.
- Customizing the interface layout
- Navigating the viewport
- Transforming objects in the viewport
- Adjusting the appearance of objects
- Using Maxwell modifiers and extensions
- Using the Maxwell Studio Material Assistant
- Applying materials to objects
- Lighting environments with the Sky Dome, Physical Sky, and HDR
- Creating and transforming cameras
- Creating depth of field with the camera
- Understanding Maxwell Render options
Skill Level Beginner
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
1. Maxwell Render Introduction
2. Maxwell Studio User Interface
3. Working with Objects
4. Material Assistant
5. Maxwell Lighting
6. Maxwell Cameras
7. Maxwell Render
Next steps1m 34s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.