Join Leon van den Heever for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use the exercise files, part of Maxwell Render Essential Training.
- [Instructor] As a premium member of the Lynda.com library, you have access to the exercise files used throughout this course. You can extract these files to a folder of your choice where you will be able to access them easily as needed. I've placed my copy on the desktop for easy access beside Maxwell's desktop shortcuts. As per Lynda.com standards, the exercise files folder is categorized into chapter folders which correspond to the content tab on this course. Where relevant, I have added both begin and finish files for your reference as you follow along.
There's also an assets, custom library and temp folder that you will want to be aware of and that will be used at times. If you don't have access to the exercise files, you will be able to follow along with your own scenes or with the sample scenes provided within the Maxwell Studio interface. With that, let's get started.
AuthorLeon van den Heever
Instructor Leon van den Heever provides an overview of the functions, capabilities, and material system of this powerful, physically-based renderer. He covers how to navigate the user interface and work with objects and the Material Assistant, primarily focusing on Maxwell Studio as the staging interface of the Maxwell suite, and on tackling actual rendering in Maxwell Render. Plus, he goes into the different types of emitters or lights that you can use to light your scenes, how to create and position the camera, and how to set render options.
- Customizing the interface layout
- Navigating the viewport
- Transforming objects in the viewport
- Adjusting the appearance of objects
- Using Maxwell modifiers and extensions
- Using the Maxwell Studio Material Assistant
- Applying materials to objects
- Lighting environments with the Sky Dome, Physical Sky, and HDR
- Creating and transforming cameras
- Creating depth of field with the camera
- Understanding Maxwell Render options
Skill Level Beginner
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
1. Maxwell Render Introduction
2. Maxwell Studio User Interface
3. Working with Objects
4. Material Assistant
5. Maxwell Lighting
6. Maxwell Cameras
7. Maxwell Render
Next steps1m 34s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.