Join Jim Heid for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of DJI Mavic Pro: Tips, Tricks, & Techniques.
- So what's our flight plan? Well, each of the chapters in this course addresses a different aspect of Mavic Pro usage. In the next chapter, we'll look at some basics, some safety tips, some takeoff and landing tips, and some of the things that are going on under the hood in the drone. Then we'll explore the DJI GO app. Not every single setting, but the settings you'll probably use the most and the ones I find most useful. After that, we'll look at shooting photos and video, settings to use, settings to avoid, tips for better results. We'll wrap up with a look at some accessories that I've found useful and some tips for traveling with the Mavic Pro and with some strategies for keeping it healthy.
Throughout this course we'll be jumping between the studio and the field. We'll also look at some stuff that I've shot previously. One last thing before we start. This course isn't for the first time Mavic Pro pilot. If you haven't even taken your drone out of it's box, well then you're a lot more patient than I was. But more to the point, this course assumes that you've unpacked your Mavic, put on it's propellers and flown it around a bit because if you're like I was, that's the point when you start asking the kinds of questions we'll address in this course. If you are an absolute newbie with the Mavic Pro, you'll find some helpful videos on DJI's website.
You can also access a lot of tutorials right within the DJI GO app. I'll share more resources you might find helpful at the end of this course.
- Safety checks
- App settings
- Startup, takeoff, and landing
- In-flight data displays
- DJI GO tips
- Flight modes
- Streaming live
- Adjusting focus
- Exposure and white balance
- Still photography and panoramas
- Shutter speed
- Aerial video
- Using the gimbal
- Using the remote controller