Join Jim Heid for an in-depth discussion in this video Tips for still photography, part of DJI Mavic Pro: Tips, Tricks, & Techniques.
- The two most important tips…for getting better still photos from a Mavic Pro,…are the basic tips that apply to any modern digital camera.…Shoot in raw format and keep the ISO down.…That's it.…End of video.…Nah, I'm kidding, it's not the end.…But it is true that raw plus a low ISO…should be at the core of your photo strategy.…When you shoot in raw format, you save…every bit of data that the camera sensor records.…In comparison, when you shoot in the popular JPEG format,…the drone's camera throws away at least a third of the data…and that gives you a narrower range…of color and exposure adjustments.…
You're more likely to see weird artifacts in the image…after adjusting, like visible bands in areas…that should have subtle gradations.…We cover raw format shooting in a lot of our courses,…including one devoted entirely to it.…So I won't spend anymore time here,…talking about the joys of raw,…instead, let's look at how to change…the Mavic Pro's camera settings to shoot in raw format.…With the drone turned on and…connected to the remote controller,…
- Safety checks
- App settings
- Startup, takeoff, and landing
- In-flight data displays
- DJI GO tips
- Flight modes
- Streaming live
- Adjusting focus
- Exposure and white balance
- Still photography and panoramas
- Shutter speed
- Aerial video
- Using the gimbal
- Using the remote controller
Skill Level Intermediate
Flight Club: Drones and the Dawn of Personal Aerial Imagingwith Romeo Durscher24m 27s Appropriate for all
Cert Prep: FAA Part 107 Commercial Drone Licensewith Luisa Winters1h 52m Intermediate
1. The Basics
A few important app settings4m 30s
2. DJI GO App
3. Photo and Video
4. Mavic Pro
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.