Join Jim Heid for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of DJI Mavic Pro: Tips, Tricks, & Techniques.
- Well we have covered a lot, and yet we've just scratched the surface. There's so much more going on in the world of drones in general that I hope you'll explore on your own. There are apps like Litchi that replace DJIgo and allow for autonomous flight. You can program what are called missions, where the drone flies on its own, even stopping to take photos, videos and panoramas all by itself. DJIgo has an intelligent flight mode call Waypoint that provides some of this, but apps like Litchi and Autopilot take it a lot further.
There are also other ways to fly the Mavoc. Which just the controller and no phone or tablet, or with just a phone or tablet and no controller. These options have some big limitations but they share a common advantage, one less thing to carry with you. In this course, I've tried to strike a balance between tips for the Mavoc, for some of the best features in DJIgo and for getting the best quality photos and videos from the Mavoc, and all along the way, tried to stress the importance of flying safely. Part of the reason for that is because drones are expensive but the other reason is that this industry is in its infancy, and those of us who fly these things are ambassadors for this technology.
If we do stupid things, the result will be more regulations and fewer opportunities to fly. If you're interested in the regulatory aspects of drones, and you should be, there's a grassroots organization you might want to join, it's called NODE. Network of Drone Enthusiasts. And you can check them out at nodecampaign.org while you're online, check out our other drone related courses, including one on the FAA part 107 Commercial drone operator's license. Maybe it's the next step in your journey with drones.
Whether it is, or whether you just love capturing imagery from the air, I hope you found this course useful. Thanks so much for watching it, and I'll see you in the air.
- Safety checks
- App settings
- Startup, takeoff, and landing
- In-flight data displays
- DJI GO tips
- Flight modes
- Streaming live
- Adjusting focus
- Exposure and white balance
- Still photography and panoramas
- Shutter speed
- Aerial video
- Using the gimbal
- Using the remote controller