Join Jim Heid for an in-depth discussion in this video Flight modes: Terrain Follow, part of DJI Mavic Pro: Tips, Tricks, & Techniques.
- Let's wrap up our tour of some intelligent flight modes…with a look at the Terrain Follow mode.…Honestly, I don't use this mode very often,…and from what I read on the forums,…not many other people do either.…But you might find it useful in some shooting circumstances,…so let's take a quick look.…In Terrain Follow mode, the drone uses its vision system…to follow an uphill terrain.…Set the altitude that you want to fly at,…and the drone will keep itself at that altitude,…even if the terrain beneath it climbs uphill.…I made this shot using the Terrain Follow mode.…
Now as the drone got closer to me,…I manually climbed a little bit further…to make sure the drone would clear my bald spot.…It works pretty well, but it has a big limitation.…It doesn't follow the terrain downhill.…A more useful terrain following feature…would enable the drone to maintain altitude downhill…as well as uphill.…Maybe DJI will add this capability…in a future version of the software.…Until then, Terrain Follow is all about…following upward slopes.…
- Safety checks
- App settings
- Startup, takeoff, and landing
- In-flight data displays
- DJI GO tips
- Flight modes
- Streaming live
- Adjusting focus
- Exposure and white balance
- Still photography and panoramas
- Shutter speed
- Aerial video
- Using the gimbal
- Using the remote controller
Skill Level Intermediate
Flight Club: Drones and the Dawn of Personal Aerial Imagingwith Romeo Durscher24m 27s Appropriate for all
Cert Prep: FAA Part 107 Commercial Drone Licensewith Luisa Winters1h 52m Intermediate
1. The Basics
A few important app settings4m 30s
2. DJI GO App
3. Photo and Video
4. Mavic Pro
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.