Join Jim Heid for an in-depth discussion in this video Flight modes: Point of Interest, part of DJI Mavic Pro: Tips, Tricks, & Techniques.
- Another of my very favorite intelligent flight…modes is point of interest.…In this mode, the drone will circle a specific spot,…a point of interest, and keep the camera…pointed at it the entire time.…That last part is really what makes this mode special.…When you're flying manually, it's really hard to…fly around something while keeping the camera…pointed at it, but in point of interest,…or POI mode, it's nearly effortless.…This is a great mode for getting a 360-degree view…of a landmark, of an interesting location,…of a house for a real estate video, and more.…
Let's go see it in action.…So here we are back out in the field.…The drone is in the air.…We're going to do a point of interest shot…over our producer Brittany, who's standing the middle of the…pitcher's mound on this baseball field.…The first thing you need to do for a point of interest shot…is tell the drone what the point of interest is.…And to do that, I'm going to go right over Brittany,…I'm going to tilt the gimbal all the way down,…and I'm going to move the drone forward,…
- Safety checks
- App settings
- Startup, takeoff, and landing
- In-flight data displays
- DJI GO tips
- Flight modes
- Streaming live
- Adjusting focus
- Exposure and white balance
- Still photography and panoramas
- Shutter speed
- Aerial video
- Using the gimbal
- Using the remote controller
Skill Level Intermediate
Flight Club: Drones and the Dawn of Personal Aerial Imagingwith Romeo Durscher24m 27s Appropriate for all
Cert Prep: FAA Part 107 Commercial Drone Licensewith Luisa Winters1h 52m Intermediate
1. The Basics
A few important app settings4m 30s
2. DJI GO App
3. Photo and Video
4. Mavic Pro
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.