Maven makes Java programming easier! Learn how to use Maven for build automation, reporting, and document management.
- [Peggy] Welcome to Java Build Automation with Maven. I'm Peggy Fisher, and my goal is to introduce you to the process of using Apache Maven as a build automation tool. For this series I'm gonna use the programming language Java, but Maven can also be used with other languages such as c/c++, php, and Scala, for example. Some documentation refers to Apache Maven as strictly a build tool, but it is so much more. Maven can manage a project life cycle, make the build process easier, create reports, and it provides a central document repository, the project object model, or POM.
The goal of Apache Maven is to make the day to day job of programmers easier, so let's give it a try.
- Downloading Maven
- Installing Maven
- Understanding the lifecycle and dependencies of Maven
- Working with the Project Object Model (POM)
- Defining project relationships
- Using Maven plugins
- Creating a sample project with Maven
- Writing tests in Maven
- Packaging your app
Skill Level Intermediate
Java Database Integration with JDBCwith David Gassner2h 51m Intermediate
Java EE Essentials: Enterprise JavaBeanswith Patrick Royal1h 45m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Maven
2. Understand Maven
3. Project Object Model (POM)
4. Maven Plugins
5. Create a Project with Maven
6. Test with Maven
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.