The archetype tool creates a Maven project from an existing template. It can also be used to CREATE an archetype from an existing project for future re-use. For each tool, we can find the goals available for that tool. Here are the goals for archetype: generate, create-from-project, and crawl. Another feature of the Maven website, is the examples for each of the plugins.
- [Instructor] The last set of plugins that I want to review…are the tools plugins.…Let's scroll down a little bit,…and again you can see the list of plugins under tools.…They're sorted alphabetically and not by importance.…One of the tools that we'll use,…and that you'll probable find very useful,…is the third one down called the archetype.…The archetype plugin generates a…skeleton project structure from an archetype.…An archetype is like a template.…Let's take a look at the goals available for archetype.…Again, I click on the tool name.…
The archetype plugin gives us some information,…let me scroll down a little bit,…and we'll see the goals.…As you can see, there used to be a create goal,…but that's been deprecated and…replaced with the generate goal.…Generate creates a Maven project from an archetype.…We could also create an archetype from a Project,…kind of work our way backwards,…and we can use the crawl goal to search a repository…for archetypes and updates the catalog.…Although the information on the website is very useful,…
- Downloading Maven
- Installing Maven
- Understanding the lifecycle and dependencies of Maven
- Working with the Project Object Model (POM)
- Defining project relationships
- Using Maven plugins
- Creating a sample project with Maven
- Writing tests in Maven
- Packaging your app
Skill Level Intermediate
Java Database Integration with JDBCwith David Gassner2h 51m Intermediate
Java EE Essentials: Enterprise JavaBeanswith Patrick Royal1h 45m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Maven
2. Understand Maven
3. Project Object Model (POM)
4. Maven Plugins
5. Create a Project with Maven
6. Test with Maven
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.