Sample solution showing the step by step process to use Maven to create a simple web application. This solution uses the command prompt to create the project and then navigates to the newly created folder structure to run the app. The app prints the words "Hello World" inside a browser window. The user can also view the source code generated.
- [Narrator] Welcome back.…How did you make out with the challenge?…I hope you were able to successfully create…a little web app, but let me go ahead and show you…how I would do it in case you had some trouble…and want to try it again.…As you can see I'm already in my command prompt window…and now I'm going to enter in my Maven command.…So I type in mvn space the plug that I'm going to use…is called archetype: and the goal is generate…because I want to generate a sample website.…I need to give it a group ID…so I use -DgroupID=com.lynda space…Next I have to specify the artifact ID…or the name of my sample project.…
So I'm going to do -DartifactID=sampleweb.…Now I need to tell it which of the Maven archetypes…I want to use and I'm going to use the one…called web app.…So I'm going to type…- DarchetypeartifactID=Maven-archetype-webapp.…
We can specify that we don't want to be…in interactive mode we don't have to do that,…but I'm going to go ahead and do that.…So -Dinteractivemode=false, let me move my mouse…so you can see the line.…
- Downloading Maven
- Installing Maven
- Understanding the lifecycle and dependencies of Maven
- Working with the Project Object Model (POM)
- Defining project relationships
- Using Maven plugins
- Creating a sample project with Maven
- Writing tests in Maven
- Packaging your app
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with Maven
2. Understand Maven
3. Project Object Model (POM)
4. Maven Plugins
5. Create a Project with Maven
6. Test with Maven
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.