Once you have created your project and completed the steps for compiling and building your program, you can also get some reports from Maven. Other reporting plugins available are: changelog, changes, checkstyle, javadoc, and surefire-report. Lets try creating a javadoc for a program that I already have available in my maven repository.
- [Instructor] Once we've created our project and completed…the steps for compiling and building our program,…we can also get some reports from Maven.…As you can see, there are several reporting plugins.…I'm gonna scroll down a little bit so we can see them.…As you can see, we have changelog, changes, checkstyle.…These plugins are listed in alphabetical order.…So they're not in order of importance.…You might recognize some of them such as javadoc…and if I scroll down a little further,…there's a surefire-report, which will generate a report…based on the result of the unit test.…
Let's try using one of these reporting plugins.…Let's use the javadoc.…Let's click on it to see what goals are available…for the javadoc plugin.…Let me scroll down a little bit.…You can see there are a lot of goals…associated with javadoc.…For now, I'm gonna stick with the first one…since my program is fairly simple…and I'm gonna use javadoc:javadoc.…Let's go back to our command prompt.…I'm gonna scroll up a little bit, there we go,…and I'm gonna type in mvn javadoc:javadoc.…
- Downloading Maven
- Installing Maven
- Understanding the lifecycle and dependencies of Maven
- Working with the Project Object Model (POM)
- Defining project relationships
- Using Maven plugins
- Creating a sample project with Maven
- Writing tests in Maven
- Packaging your app
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with Maven
2. Understand Maven
3. Project Object Model (POM)
4. Maven Plugins
5. Create a Project with Maven
6. Test with Maven
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.