Some of the common packaging tools include: Jar Java archive POM project object model EJB or Enterprise Java Beans Rar Resource adapter archive War web application archive Among others Each packaging type has a different set of goals. These elements affect the steps required to build a project. For example, if the goal is pom, the project will run the site:attach-descriptor goal during the package phase. A jar type runs with jar:jar goal instead.
- [Voiceover] The next type of plugins that I'd like…to review are the packaging tools.…So if we scroll down, we see our core plugins,…and the next section talks about…the packaging types and tools.…As you can see here, the list starts with EAR, EJB, JAR,…RAR, WAR, app-client,…shade, and source.…As you start to use maven, I think you'll find you use…some of the packaging tools more than others.…If you're a Java programmer, you'll probably use…the JAR plugin, which is used to build a JAR…from the current project, where JAR is the Java Archive.…
The EJB is also used for Java projects,…but that's the Enterprise Java Beans package.…RAR stands for Resource Adapter Archive.…WAR is a Web Application Archive.…Each packaging type has different set of goals.…These elements affect the steps required to build a project.…For example, if the goal is POM, the project will run…the site attach-descriptor goal during the package phase.…A jar type runs with JAR-JAR goal instead.…
JAR is the default packaging type in maven,…and the most commonly used.…
- Downloading Maven
- Installing Maven
- Understanding the lifecycle and dependencies of Maven
- Working with the Project Object Model (POM)
- Defining project relationships
- Using Maven plugins
- Creating a sample project with Maven
- Writing tests in Maven
- Packaging your app
Skill Level Intermediate
Java Database Integration with JDBCwith David Gassner2h 51m Intermediate
Java EE Essentials: Enterprise JavaBeanswith Patrick Royal1h 45m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Maven
2. Understand Maven
3. Project Object Model (POM)
4. Maven Plugins
5. Create a Project with Maven
6. Test with Maven
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.