As a programmer, we often taken advantage of code reuse, especially in the realm of open source programming. For example, in Java, we use APIs that contain libraries of software components that we can use instead of re-creating the source code from scratch. Maven also allows us to reuse existing components and plugins using the dependency section of our POM file. For example, a common dependency when working with Java is the JUnit component.
- [Instructor] Another feature of Maven…is the way it handles Dependency Management.…As a programmer, we often take advantage of code reuse,…especially in the realm of open-source programming.…For example, in Java, we use APIs that contain libraries…of software components that we can use…instead of recreating the source code from scratch.…Almost all Java programmers have, at some time,…used the Math functions or the String functions…in their coding.…These functions include math.pow to find the value…of a number raised to a power,…or math.min to find the smallest of two numbers.…
Some of the String functions include the .length command,…the .substring, two lower, two upper.…These are just a few examples of what it means…to reuse existing code.…Maven also allows us to reuse existing components…and plugins using the dependency section of our POM file,…our Project Object Model file.…For example, a common dependency when working with Java…is the junit component.…We define dependencies inside a project's POM file…using it's Maven coordinates.…
- Downloading Maven
- Installing Maven
- Understanding the lifecycle and dependencies of Maven
- Working with the Project Object Model (POM)
- Defining project relationships
- Using Maven plugins
- Creating a sample project with Maven
- Writing tests in Maven
- Packaging your app
Skill Level Intermediate
Java Database Integration with JDBCwith David Gassner2h 51m Intermediate
Java EE Essentials: Enterprise JavaBeanswith Patrick Royal1h 45m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Maven
2. Understand Maven
3. Project Object Model (POM)
4. Maven Plugins
5. Create a Project with Maven
6. Test with Maven
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.