When using Maven, there is a central maven repository that contains a large collection of Java and other open source components. We can find a list of these components using the following link: http://search.maven.org Maven also creates a local repository on your machine when you use Maven to create your project.
- [Narrator] One of the big benefits of using Maven…is you now have access to the Maven repository.…There's actually two repositories that…we're gonna talk about.…The first one is the central Maven repository that…contains a large collection of Java…and other open-source components.…Again, the power of Maven is that…these open-source components are available to you…but they will not be downloaded unless you need them.…That enforces that you have the…most recent version of each component.…The second repository is a local repository that…Maven creates on your computer.…
It's usually located on your…home drive in a folder called .m2.…This directory contains your Maven repository.…When you download a dependency…from a remote Maven repository,…Maven stores a copy of the dependency…in your local repository.…In addition, it also places a copy of your jar file…and the pom.xml file for each installed project.…Let's take a look at both of these.…Let's start by looking at a website that…allows you to browse the central repository.…
- Downloading Maven
- Installing Maven
- Understanding the lifecycle and dependencies of Maven
- Working with the Project Object Model (POM)
- Defining project relationships
- Using Maven plugins
- Creating a sample project with Maven
- Writing tests in Maven
- Packaging your app
Skill Level Intermediate
Java Database Integration with JDBCwith David Gassner2h 51m Intermediate
Java EE Essentials: Enterprise JavaBeanswith Patrick Royal1h 45m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Maven
2. Understand Maven
3. Project Object Model (POM)
4. Maven Plugins
5. Create a Project with Maven
6. Test with Maven
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.