Now I will demonstrate how to install Maven on a Windows machine. When Maven is downloaded you will notice that the file is not very large. Maven’s power is included in its plugins which are located and retrieved from a central repository on an as needed basis and allowing for greater code reuse. Before the installation, you must verify your java version from the command line using java -version command. Remember, It must be version 1.7 or higher if you are going to use Maven 3.3.9. From the download page, we need to download the binary file.
- [Voiceover] Now that we have the Maven…file downloaded and extracted into…our program files directory,…we can go ahead and install…Maven on our Windows machine.…As I stated earlier,…the Maven download is not very large.…That's because Maven's power is included in…its plugins which are located and retrieved…from a central repository on an as-needed basis…and allowing for greater code reuse.…Before the installation we must verify…our Java version from the command line…using java -version.…
Remember it must be 1.7 or higher.…I'm going to open up a command window.…I'm going to type cmd and hit enter.…Now, I'm going to type,…java -version…and hit enter.…The version on my machine is 1.8.0_91.…That's higher than 1.7, so I'm good to go.…To make life easier,…we need to update our environment variables.…We can do that using either the command window,…but, if you use the command window…you're going to have to update them every time,…or, we can go to the control panel.…
For now, let's use the control panel.…I'm going to go back to start again…
- Downloading Maven
- Installing Maven
- Understanding the lifecycle and dependencies of Maven
- Working with the Project Object Model (POM)
- Defining project relationships
- Using Maven plugins
- Creating a sample project with Maven
- Writing tests in Maven
- Packaging your app
Skill Level Intermediate
Java Database Integration with JDBCwith David Gassner2h 51m Intermediate
Java EE Essentials: Enterprise JavaBeanswith Patrick Royal1h 45m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Maven
2. Understand Maven
3. Project Object Model (POM)
4. Maven Plugins
5. Create a Project with Maven
6. Test with Maven
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.