Now I will demonstrate how to install Maven on a mac OS machine. When Maven is downloaded you will notice that the file is not very large. Maven’s power is included in its plugins which are located and retrieved from a central repository on an as needed basis and allowing for greater code reuse. Before the installation, you must verify your java version from the command line using java -version command. Remember, It must be version 1.7 or higher if you are going to use Maven 3.3.9. From the download page, we need to download the binary file.
- [Instructor] To run Maven using a Mac Operating System,…again, make sure that you already have…your JDK downloaded and installed.…Once we have the Apache Maven downloaded,…in this case, we're downloading 3.3.9,…we can go to the Install instructions.…Under Install, it talks about Apache Maven, in general,…you'll want to ensure that you have a variable define…that says Java_Home and it points to your JDK installation.…You want to make sure you've unzipped…your Apache Maven 3.3.9/bin file,…and if I scroll down, you can see,…we can test that using MVN-V.…
There are some Unix-based operating system…which includes Linux, Solaris, and Mac OSX tips.…Let's scroll down to there.…The first thing you want to do is check…to make sure that you're Java Home directory is set.…If not, go ahead an set the Home directory…to wherever you have your JDK installed.…Next, make sure you add to your path,…so that your operating systems knows…where to find Apache Maven 3.3.9/bin.…You can use this command to add it to your path.…Whether you're using Windows or Mac operating systems,…
- Downloading Maven
- Installing Maven
- Understanding the lifecycle and dependencies of Maven
- Working with the Project Object Model (POM)
- Defining project relationships
- Using Maven plugins
- Creating a sample project with Maven
- Writing tests in Maven
- Packaging your app
Skill Level Intermediate
Java: Database Integration with JDBCwith David Gassner2h 51m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Maven
2. Understand Maven
3. Project Object Model (POM)
4. Maven Plugins
5. Create a Project with Maven
6. Test with Maven
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.