Maven is already setup to integrate with many of the commonly used IDEs such as NetBeans, Eclipse, and IntelliJ.Starting with NetBeans version 6.7, there is full Maven support.If you are accustomed to using Eclipse, then you want to use the Eclipse version M2Eclipse, which is specifically designed for Maven integration. Maven integration is already included in the IntelliJ IDEA.
- [Narrator] Maven's popularity has grown,…and many of the integrated development environments…used with Java have started…to integrate Maven with their product.…For example, Maven is already set up to integrate…with NetBeans, Eclipse,…and IntelliJ, just to name a few.…Starting with the NetBeans version 6.7 and higher,…there is full Maven support.…You can even use the NetBeans IDE…to create Maven projects from archetypes…using the new project wizard.…
Finally, the IDE also includes a Maven repository browser…that enables you to view local repository…and register external Maven repositories.…If you happen to be running NetBeans 6.5 or lower,…you can add Maven by adding the necessary plugin.…Under Tools, Plugins, choose Available Plugins,…from there choose Maven,…click Install, then Close.…There is also good documentation on the NetBeans Wiki site…for using NetBeans with Maven.…
Let's take a look at the Wiki site.…From the Wiki page,…definitely take notice of the tutorials,…tips, and tricks for using Maven.…If you are accustomed to using Eclipse,…
- Downloading Maven
- Installing Maven
- Understanding the lifecycle and dependencies of Maven
- Working with the Project Object Model (POM)
- Defining project relationships
- Using Maven plugins
- Creating a sample project with Maven
- Writing tests in Maven
- Packaging your app
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with Maven
2. Understand Maven
3. Project Object Model (POM)
4. Maven Plugins
5. Create a Project with Maven
6. Test with Maven
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.