So far we have only used the command prompt to generate new projects using Maven. In this movie, I use an integrated development environment known as NetBeans to demonstrate how Maven is integrated with this product. NetBeans is used to re-create the same simple program that prints Hello World. THe process of choosing Maven as a project category and then create from Maven archetype is also part of the process.
- [Voiceover] Now that we've seen how…to run Maven from the command prompt,…I'd like to show you what works within an integrated…development environment such as NetBeans.…I'm running NetBeans IDE 8.1, which has full Maven support.…Let's go ahead and create a new project using NetBeans,…but let's create a new Maven project.…I'm gonna start by going to file, new project.…Notice under categories we still have our Java,…our JavaFX, our Java Web, even our HTML5,…but now I also have an option for Maven.…
I already have Maven highlighted under categories…and on the right hand side the types of projects…I can create are a java application,…an enterprise java bean module,…but what I wanna do is project from archetype.…I'm gonna click next.…For my search, I wanna try and find the Maven quickstart.…So I'm gonna type in maven dash.…That reduces the list, I'm gonna scroll down,…and here is my maven dash archetype dash quickstart.…I'm gonna highlight that and click next.…
Now I wanna give my project a name.…I'm gonna name it helloworld.…
- Downloading Maven
- Installing Maven
- Understanding the lifecycle and dependencies of Maven
- Working with the Project Object Model (POM)
- Defining project relationships
- Using Maven plugins
- Creating a sample project with Maven
- Writing tests in Maven
- Packaging your app
Skill Level Intermediate
Java: Database Integration with JDBCwith David Gassner2h 51m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Maven
2. Understand Maven
3. Project Object Model (POM)
4. Maven Plugins
5. Create a Project with Maven
6. Test with Maven
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.