So far we have only used the command prompt to generate new projects using Maven. In this movie, I use an integrated development environment known as IntelliJ IDEA to demonstrate how Maven is integrated with this product. Intellij is used to re-create the same simple program that prints Hello World. The process of choosing Maven as a project category and then create from Maven archetype is also part of the process. Finally, the program is execute from within Intellij
- [Voiceover] Next, I would like to…show you a different IDE.…I have opened the IntelliJ IDEA,…which also has full Maven support.…Let's take a look at how to create the same…sample program, using IntelliJ IDA.…From here, I would go ahead and say, create new project.…Again, on the left-hand side, you will see…I can create a Java program, a Java FX,…even an android program,…but what I'm interested in today is the Maven.…At the very top, if you didn't use IntelliJ before,…you might have to specify where to find your Java SDK.…
Mine is already set, and it already…has Java SDK version 1.8.…If this is blank, you might need to…navigate to the folder that has your Java SDK.…Right below the project SDK is a box…that says create from archetype.…Let's go ahead and click on the box.…Now, let's scroll down and find the Quickstart archetype.…Okay, here it is, Apache Maven archetypes…Maven archetype quickstart.…Let's go ahead and click next.…We want to give it a group ID,…so I'm going to do com.Linda, an artifact ID,…which will be the name,…
- Downloading Maven
- Installing Maven
- Understanding the lifecycle and dependencies of Maven
- Working with the Project Object Model (POM)
- Defining project relationships
- Using Maven plugins
- Creating a sample project with Maven
- Writing tests in Maven
- Packaging your app
Skill Level Intermediate
Java Database Integration with JDBCwith David Gassner2h 51m Intermediate
Java EE Essentials: Enterprise JavaBeanswith Patrick Royal1h 45m Intermediate
1. Get Started with Maven
2. Understand Maven
3. Project Object Model (POM)
4. Maven Plugins
5. Create a Project with Maven
6. Test with Maven
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.