A Maven Plugin is a collection of one or more goals. Where a goal is a “unit of work” in Maven. In this image, there are three goals associated with this plugin. Maven consists of several core plugins like the Jar plugin, which contains goals for creating JAR files, Compiler plugin, which contains goals for compiling source code and unit tests, or the Surefire plugin, which contains goals for executing unit tests and generating reports.
- [Instructor] Throughout this series,…we've been talking about this idea of a plugin.…Maven has several core plugins.…A plugin is a collection of one or more goals.…And a goal consists of a unit of work in Maven.…In this image, you'll see there are three goals…associated with my sample plugin.…A plugin may have one or more goals.…Maven consists of several core plugins.…These core plugins include a JAR plugin,…which creates the JAR, or Java Archive files.…
A compiler plugin,…which contains goals for compiling source code…and unit tests.…And a Surefire plugin,…which is used for executing unit tests…and generating reports.…Maven also provides the ability to define custom plugins.…A custom plugin can be written in Java,…or a plugin can be written in any number of languages,…including Ant, Groovy, Bean, Ciao,…and as previously mentioned, Ruby.…Let's take a look at all the Maven plugins.…The complete list of Maven plugins…is available at the maven.apache.org site, /plugins.…
If I scroll down a little bit,…we can see the list of plugins.…
- Downloading Maven
- Installing Maven
- Understanding the lifecycle and dependencies of Maven
- Working with the Project Object Model (POM)
- Defining project relationships
- Using Maven plugins
- Creating a sample project with Maven
- Writing tests in Maven
- Packaging your app
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with Maven
2. Understand Maven
3. Project Object Model (POM)
4. Maven Plugins
5. Create a Project with Maven
6. Test with Maven
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.