For this challenge, you are going to create a simple website application using the Maven archetype tool from the command prompt window. Here is the command you need to use: (feel free to change the groupId and artifactId) mvn archetype:generate -DgroupId=com.lynda -DartifactId=sampleWeb -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-webapp -DinteractiveMode=false
- [Instructor] Welcome to your first challenge.…In this challenge you're gonna use Maven…to create a new project.…You'll do this using the Maven Archetype Tool…from the command prompt.…The new project will be a very small,…simple web application.…Once you've created the new project,…you'll navigate to the source file and then run the app.…It's also helpful if when you navigate to the source file…if you open up the contents to see what's inside index.jsp.…You can do that using Notepad or Notepad++…or even your favorite web application editor,…such as Dreamweaver or Expression Web.…
Here is the command that you'll need to use…at the command line.…You'll type mvn space archetype colon the word generate…space dash DgroupId equals, I'm using com.lynda,…but you can use your organization ID if you want,…space dash DartifactId.…The artifactId that we're gonna use…is the name of the program.…I'm calling mine sampleWeb.…Space dash DarchetypeArtifactId…equals maven-archetype-webapp.…
This tells Maven that we want to create a web app.…
- Downloading Maven
- Installing Maven
- Understanding the lifecycle and dependencies of Maven
- Working with the Project Object Model (POM)
- Defining project relationships
- Using Maven plugins
- Creating a sample project with Maven
- Writing tests in Maven
- Packaging your app
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with Maven
2. Understand Maven
3. Project Object Model (POM)
4. Maven Plugins
5. Create a Project with Maven
6. Test with Maven
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.