Slic3r is one of the oldest and most capable slicing programs. Learn basic operations here.
- [Instructor] Slicing programs take an STL file … from CAD software and output a g-code file … that the 3D printer can use to control itself. … There are a few commonly used slicing programs. … One of the oldest, free, open-source programs … is Slic3r, developed by Alessandro Ranellucci. … Slic3r is spelled with a three, … in case you want to look it up, S-L-I-C-3-R. … If you have no previous data, … Slic3r setup will ask you for some basics. … Here we're just accepting defaults, … and we'll show you later how to change them. … After the initial setup, Slic3r 1.3 starts up … with only the Plater tab visible … at the top of the window, … but we'll activate some others as we go. … If your printer operates directly over USB, … you can use the Controller tab to establish a connection … and access the manual controls. … If you want to do this but don't see the Controller tab, … you can enable it in Preferences. … After restarting, you'll see the Controller tab … at the top, along with Plater. …
- 3D printing: An overview
- Popular slicing and host programs
- Achieving the best print quality
- Printing hollow and solid components
- Adjusting slicer settings
- Making prints stick to the printer bed
- Adjusting thickness
- Setting printer temperature and speed
- Working with multiple extruders
- Using G-code
Skill Level Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
Additive Manufacturing: Troubleshoot 3D Printswith Rich Cameron1h 43m Intermediate
Who this course is for1m 13s
1. 3D Printer Settings
2. Slicer and Host Programs
3. Slicer Settings: Print Quality
4. Slicer Settings: Making a Print Stick
5. Slicer Settings: Issues with Extruding Hot Plastic
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.