Some prints are particularly prone to retraction problems. This video shows you how to minimize stringing and drooling for challenging cases.
- [Narrator] Some materials, like PETG, … and some geometries … are particularly vulnerable to stringing. … In those cases, you may need to tweak … some of the more advanced retraction settings … that we'll show you in this movie. … Sometimes you want to hop up a little bit … in the Z direction. … This is called Z lift or Z hop. … In Cura, you enable it by checking a box … in the Travel section … and then setting a value for it, like one millimeter. … Turning this on helps avoid ripping the print off … and lets you travel faster, … especially on a Delta Bot. … However, doing this can introduce inaccuracies … from moving up and down a lot. … If your Z axis moves slowly, … you may not want to do this … since the time spent lifting and lowering the nozzle … can allow it to ooze more. … Lifting by about one layer height is usually enough, … though Delta Bots in particular can benefit … from lifting higher. … Here we're seeing very exaggerated Z hop … just to give you the idea. … - [Instructor] You might also want to tweak …
- 3D printing: An overview
- Popular slicing and host programs
- Achieving the best print quality
- Printing hollow and solid components
- Adjusting slicer settings
- Making prints stick to the printer bed
- Adjusting thickness
- Setting printer temperature and speed
- Working with multiple extruders
- Using G-code
Skill Level Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
Additive Manufacturing: Troubleshoot 3D Printswith Rich Cameron1h 43m Intermediate
Who this course is for1m 13s
1. 3D Printer Settings
2. Slicer and Host Programs
3. Slicer Settings: Print Quality
4. Slicer Settings: Making a Print Stick
5. Slicer Settings: Issues with Extruding Hot Plastic
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.