Sometimes a print just will not stick to the print bed. This video shows you what skirts and brims are, and how they are used to prime the nozzle and help the print stick.
- [Instructor] Sometimes a 3D print … just will not stick to the print bed. … When it comes loose and the printer keeps going, … the result may look something like the print shown here. … We'll talk about settings to minimize the likelihood … of having that happen. … Let's launch Cura and load an STL file … that we use to demonstrate what happens … when we change these platform adhesion settings. … A skirt is a line of plastic the printer draws around … where your print is going to be to prime the nozzle. … If you didn't quite have the filament all the way … into the nozzle before you started, … printing a skirt ensures you'll have plastic flowing well … by the time you get to your actual print. … It'll also show if you messed up placing a print … that will be too close to the edge of the platform. … Cura will prevent you from putting objects … close enough to the edge of the platform … that a skirt or brim will go off the side. … If your platform dimensions aren't quite right … in Cura though or if you platform has clips …
- 3D printing: An overview
- Popular slicing and host programs
- Achieving the best print quality
- Printing hollow and solid components
- Adjusting slicer settings
- Making prints stick to the printer bed
- Adjusting thickness
- Setting printer temperature and speed
- Working with multiple extruders
- Using G-code
Skill Level Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
Additive Manufacturing: Troubleshoot 3D Printswith Rich Cameron1h 43m Intermediate
Who this course is for1m 13s
1. 3D Printer Settings
2. Slicer and Host Programs
3. Slicer Settings: Print Quality
4. Slicer Settings: Making a Print Stick
5. Slicer Settings: Issues with Extruding Hot Plastic
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.