Machines with two extruders can print in two colors, or with a combination of print material and a dissolvable support material. Learn the steps to set up a print for dual extrusion.
- [Instructor] Machines with two extruders can print … in two colors with a combination of print material … and a dissolvable support material. … Actually creating a dual material print … can be a little complicated. … We'll demonstrate both options. … If we go to manage machine and then the MAKEIT Pro-M … we can see their settings to adjust for two extruders. … The two nozzles are labeled one and two. … But there's not convention about whether one or two … is left most or right most. … You may need to check your manufacturers documentation … or experiment with your printer to see which is which. … Now let's try setting up a file with dissolvable support. … To do that, go to support. … And be sure the generate support box is checked. … Take a nozzle for support material. … We'll also enable the support interface … so that the entire overhanging surface will get support. … Dual extruder printing allows us to use … a soluble material for support. … This gives us an easier way to remove support …
- 3D printing: An overview
- Popular slicing and host programs
- Achieving the best print quality
- Printing hollow and solid components
- Adjusting slicer settings
- Making prints stick to the printer bed
- Adjusting thickness
- Setting printer temperature and speed
- Working with multiple extruders
- Using G-code
Skill Level Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
Additive Manufacturing: Troubleshoot 3D Printswith Rich Cameron1h 43m Intermediate
Who this course is for1m 13s
1. 3D Printer Settings
2. Slicer and Host Programs
3. Slicer Settings: Print Quality
4. Slicer Settings: Making a Print Stick
5. Slicer Settings: Issues with Extruding Hot Plastic
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.