MatterControl is a slicer and host with some basic design tools integrated into one package. Learn its basic capabilities and how they differ from other programs.
- [Narrator] MatterControl's a little unusual … and has some basic design tools, … a slicer, … and a host, all in one program. … It's maintained by MatterHackers, … a 3D printer and filament retailer. … MatterControl is available for free download … at mattercontrol.com. … On this main screen, you can see that MatterControl … has a Hardware tab to keep track of your 3D printers. … A tab for your design, or to input STL files, … and a file system to store designs you create or buy. … If we want to add a new printer, … go to the Hardware tab … and click the plus icon to add a printer. … There's some printer definitions preloaded, … or you can create your own. … Click one of the printers … to be ready to use its definitions to slice. … To print a design, you can either use the open file icon, … or drag one of the standard shapes onto this open platform … Click Slice to slice the file. … You can move the sliders … to simulate the print build process, … and see if you like how the print was sliced. …
- 3D printing: An overview
- Popular slicing and host programs
- Achieving the best print quality
- Printing hollow and solid components
- Adjusting slicer settings
- Making prints stick to the printer bed
- Adjusting thickness
- Setting printer temperature and speed
- Working with multiple extruders
- Using G-code
Skill Level Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
Additive Manufacturing: Troubleshoot 3D Printswith Rich Cameron1h 43m Intermediate
Who this course is for1m 13s
1. 3D Printer Settings
2. Slicer and Host Programs
3. Slicer Settings: Print Quality
4. Slicer Settings: Making a Print Stick
5. Slicer Settings: Issues with Extruding Hot Plastic
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.