There are many printer settings you can change to print your particular design. Get an overview of key settings, which are covered in detail in subsequent videos.
- [Narrator] We often think it's unfortunate … that 3D printers were called that instead of … sticking with the additive manufacturing terminology. … Calling it a printer, implies you'll just click print … and something will happen. … However, you're making a physical thing, … so you have to take account of the properties … of the material. … Some materials will melt at lower temperatures. … Some prints might have tall spires, … or skinny elements which we might want to take account of … by printing slower or faster. … It's important to think about how … the physical printing process actually works, … and when you might have to sometimes … strategically lie to your software. … Printer settings are not entirely independent … from each other. … Often, when you change one, you need to change others. … Where that happens, we'll let you know … the relationships as far as is practical. … - [Instructor] We'll try to show you how to do … your own tests too. … The exercise files we're using are small, …
- 3D printing: An overview
- Popular slicing and host programs
- Achieving the best print quality
- Printing hollow and solid components
- Adjusting slicer settings
- Making prints stick to the printer bed
- Adjusting thickness
- Setting printer temperature and speed
- Working with multiple extruders
- Using G-code
Skill Level Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
Additive Manufacturing: Troubleshoot 3D Printswith Rich Cameron1h 43m Intermediate
Who this course is for1m 13s
1. 3D Printer Settings
2. Slicer and Host Programs
3. Slicer Settings: Print Quality
4. Slicer Settings: Making a Print Stick
5. Slicer Settings: Issues with Extruding Hot Plastic
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.