Some prints require particular fine-tuning of the flow of plastic into and out of the nozzle. Learn to identify and then deal with those cases.
- [Female Narrator] With the right information … about your printer and filament, … slicers like Cura will handle the basics … of extrusion flow for you. … However, in some cases, … you'll need to understand a bit more … about how the printer manages flow into, … and therefore out of, the nozzle. … The reason the slicer … needs to know the diameter of the filament … is so that it can calculate its cross sectional area. … This number tells the printer the volume of plastic … that'll be pushing through … for each millimeter of filament that pushes in. … Cura produces a cheat code file … with a huge number of commands. … Even for a simple cube like this one. … Most of these commands … consist of a set of coordinates for each axis, … including the extruder, and a speed. … Parameters may be emitted from some commands … if they're not changed from the previous one. … The printer moves the print head … from its present position to this new position, … and pushes a specified amount of filament …
- 3D printing: An overview
- Popular slicing and host programs
- Achieving the best print quality
- Printing hollow and solid components
- Adjusting slicer settings
- Making prints stick to the printer bed
- Adjusting thickness
- Setting printer temperature and speed
- Working with multiple extruders
- Using G-code
Skill Level Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
Additive Manufacturing: Troubleshoot 3D Printswith Rich Cameron1h 43m Intermediate
Who this course is for1m 13s
1. 3D Printer Settings
2. Slicer and Host Programs
3. Slicer Settings: Print Quality
4. Slicer Settings: Making a Print Stick
5. Slicer Settings: Issues with Extruding Hot Plastic
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.