Having a print bed that's properly aligned is critical to the success of your 3D print. Some printers can auto-level and do this alignment themselves. Learn what this looks like.
- [Female Instructor] Having a print bed … that's properly aligned is critical … to the success of your 3D print. … Calling this process leveling is a little misleading, … since if the printer itself is on a sloping surface, … what actually matters is that the print bed … be aligned to the axes of movement, … not to a level defined by gravity. … Never use a bubble level to calibrate your printer. … - [Male Instructor] Many printers auto-level … without user control. … These printers have a sensor that allows … the printer to measure the tilt of the platform. … The printer then does the math to tilt the print to match, … and move the z axis to follow the surface … as it moves across each layer. … This is particularly useful for Delta Bots, … like the SeeMeCNC machine shown here, … which uses an accelerometer attached to the nozzle … to probe the surface. … - [Female Instructor] Different printers … have different leveling strategies. … Some are completely manual relying on the user … to check the distance between the nozzle and the surface, …
- 3D printing: An overview
- Popular slicing and host programs
- Achieving the best print quality
- Printing hollow and solid components
- Adjusting slicer settings
- Making prints stick to the printer bed
- Adjusting thickness
- Setting printer temperature and speed
- Working with multiple extruders
- Using G-code
Skill Level Intermediate
Design for Additive Manufacturing: FDMwith Kacie Hultgren1h 47m Intermediate
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
Additive Manufacturing: Troubleshoot 3D Printswith Rich Cameron1h 43m Intermediate
Who this course is for1m 13s
1. 3D Printer Settings
2. Slicer and Host Programs
3. Slicer Settings: Print Quality
4. Slicer Settings: Making a Print Stick
5. Slicer Settings: Issues with Extruding Hot Plastic
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.