Join Evan Sutton for an in-depth discussion in this video The importance of consistency in promotion, part of Digital Release and Promotion Strategies for Musicians.
- View Offline
- I would like to take a moment just…to talk about the consistency with which…you promote your releases and your shows.…One of the things that I've found…is that aside from maintaining an identity…and having sort of a tone to your social media…and your emails, it's a good thing to have…a sort of pace that you work at.…That way people sort of expect your emails,…they come at certain intervals and they know…that they should read your emails because…they're very important.…They only have real information in them.…So for every release that we do basically…we try to mention the release in some sort…of email that's going up about something else.…
To build a little bit of anticipation so that people…know that something's coming, that it's scheduled…and so forth.…They know that we're busy and we're…doing stuff.…But the other thing is that we don't…want to overload anybody.…So we mention it once and then the week…before it goes out we do an email…that strictly features that release…and that perhaps has some free content…if there's a free stream and stuff like that.…
He then discusses email-marketing strategies for capturing contact information, scheduling emails, and working with email marketing platforms like MailChimp. He wraps up the course talking about maintaining momentum with an audience, including consistency in promotion, audience interaction, horizontal networking, and hiring third parties to assist in the project.
- Readying your finished tracks for mastering
- Self-mastering vs. working with a mastering engineer
- Choosing an online aggregator
- Setting a release date
- Targeting blogs that fit your brand
- Writing a press release
- Using social media
- Sending promotional emails
- Maintaining a connection with your audience