Find out how to promote your music online. Learn the best practices for self-releasing and marketing music.
- [Voiceover] Hey there, my name's Evan Sutton and welcome to Digital Release and Promotion Strategies for Musicians. In this course we'll talk about getting your tracks ready for mastering, dealing with third party contractors such as mastering engineers and graphic designers. We'll talk about online distribution, and things like publishing and ISRC codes. We'll talk about targeting your audience and working with the press in order to get the best possible promotion going. We'll talk about writing press releases, setting up free downloads, and we'll even touch on some social media strategies to get the most out of your relationship with your fans.
So don't go anywhere because these are the tricks of the trade.
He then discusses email-marketing strategies for capturing contact information, scheduling emails, and working with email marketing platforms like MailChimp. He wraps up the course talking about maintaining momentum with an audience, including consistency in promotion, audience interaction, horizontal networking, and hiring third parties to assist in the project.
- Readying your finished tracks for mastering
- Self-mastering vs. working with a mastering engineer
- Choosing an online aggregator
- Setting a release date
- Targeting blogs that fit your brand
- Writing a press release
- Using social media
- Sending promotional emails
- Maintaining a connection with your audience