Join Evan Sutton for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Digital Release and Promotion Strategies for Musicians.
- Well, we've come to the end.…I hope you find some of these techniques…that we discussed useful…and I wish you the best of luck on your musical journey.…If you'd like to go deeper into any of these techniques,…check out website management and mailing list management…for musicians, as well as the social media courses…for musicians by Bobby Owsinski.…Also, check out this doc, Super Fans,…on the future of the music industry…with Benji Rogers.…It's well worth the watch.…If you'd like to learn about me,…you can find me at sutton-evan.com.…I'll see you next time.…
He then discusses email-marketing strategies for capturing contact information, scheduling emails, and working with email marketing platforms like MailChimp. He wraps up the course talking about maintaining momentum with an audience, including consistency in promotion, audience interaction, horizontal networking, and hiring third parties to assist in the project.
- Readying your finished tracks for mastering
- Self-mastering vs. working with a mastering engineer
- Choosing an online aggregator
- Setting a release date
- Targeting blogs that fit your brand
- Writing a press release
- Using social media
- Sending promotional emails
- Maintaining a connection with your audience