Join Evan Sutton for an in-depth discussion in this video Building buzz with email, part of Digital Release and Promotion Strategies for Musicians.
- View Offline
- Now I'd like to talk about email.…Email is like social media that almost everyone…actually subscribes to, so it's a great thing to do…and it's a great way to reach out to people…and get a little traffic going.…What we're looking at right now is an email…that we sent out last summer about what's called…Splacescape, which is a two-day festival…that we throw every year in Baltimore.…And basically, this email was created using MailChimp,…which we will talk about in a moment.…But this went out to our general population, our buddies.…It's the list of all of our followers basically…who subscribe to our mailing list.…What you're seeing is that first of all we try to have…something visually grabbing, so we got a nice picture…from the festival from the previous year,…something that we felt was a little bit dramatic.…
And then we have a little bit of writing about it.…And then here's the thing, you'll notice that the writing…is quite succinct, there is a lot of information,…and we try not to overdo it in terms of being too wordy.…
He then discusses email-marketing strategies for capturing contact information, scheduling emails, and working with email marketing platforms like MailChimp. He wraps up the course talking about maintaining momentum with an audience, including consistency in promotion, audience interaction, horizontal networking, and hiring third parties to assist in the project.
- Readying your finished tracks for mastering
- Self-mastering vs. working with a mastering engineer
- Choosing an online aggregator
- Setting a release date
- Targeting blogs that fit your brand
- Writing a press release
- Using social media
- Sending promotional emails
- Maintaining a connection with your audience