In this video, learn how to load and explore the interface.
- [Narrator] In this video, we're going to be … touring the interface of SOLIDWORKS … with the Mastercam plugin turned on. … Now if you haven't already installed Mastercam, … you probably have a CD-ROM or a flash drive. … Go ahead and install the software. … And then when you launch SOLIDWORKS … for the first time after it's installed, … you should have a brand new tab here … at the top of your screen, … so it should be called Mastercam 2019, … or whatever version you might be working in. … Now, if you're using an older version, that's okay … because a lot of the functionality is pretty much the same. … So, you've got this new tab up here. … For some reason, if you do not see that tab, … go over here to tools, add-ins, … and down here at the bottom of the screen … you should see all available add-ins. … And make sure you have Mastercam 2019 turned on, … and also make sure it's turned on for startup … as well as for right now. … Click on okay, and you should be all set. … Now we are in SOLIDWORKS, …
- Navigating the interface
- Stock setup
- Creating custom coordinate systems
- Selecting and creating tools
- Tool libraries
- Running a time study
- Simulating the operations
- Generating a G-code file
- Post-processor options
- Utilities/setup sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
SOLIDWORKS: Integrated CAM with HSMXpresswith Gabriel Corbett2h 32m Intermediate
Downloading the software1m 25s
1. Mastercam Job Setup
2. Tools and Tool Libraries
4. 2D Milling Operations
5. Simulation and Post-Processing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.