Join JK Swopes for an in-depth discussion in this video What are MASCHINE Expansions and where do you get them?, part of MASCHINE: Beat Making.
- Even though Maschine comes with a huge library of factory content, you may find yourself eventually wanting to expand that or even looking for content in a more specific style. Native Instruments makes this very easy with their Maschine Expansions. If you take a look on their website, you'll find Expansions in all different styles. These Expansions come with drum kits, samples. Some times they come with effects presets, instrument presets, plugin presets, all geared towards a certain style. The cool thing about these Expansions is once you install them, they show up inside of your browser, right along with the rest of the Maschine content.
These Expansions are a very quick way to expand your factory library and give you new sounds to play with.
In Chapter 3, JK uses the same techniques to make a new sample-based track—a great way to make custom sounds you won't hear anywhere else. Start watching to learn how to make your own beats with MASCHINE.
- Quantizing beats to align notes
- Making a simple drum pattern
- Adding groove to beats
- Using MASCHINE expansions
- Creating melodies
- Adding bass, percussion, and FX
- Creating pattern variations
- Arranging songs
- Making beats from samples