Join JK Swopes for an in-depth discussion in this video How do you find MASCHINE Expansion sounds in the browser?, part of MASCHINE: Beat Making.
- The machine expansion content shows up…directly inside of the browser.…It allows you to quickly focus on specific expansions…or even just specific categories to find the content.…We take a look under groups.…If I click here, I can go into a specific expansion.…If I have sounds inside of an expansion,…I can do the same thing.…And if I have plug-in presets, I can go to that plug-in.…Let's say massive.…Now I can go directly to these banks…and just focus on the massive presets…that come with those expansions.…
Sometimes you may find effects in your expansions…and also samples.…You can get to this stuff directly from the hardware…as well.…So if you press browse, I can see samples,…I can go into all products, or go to a specific product.…It's going to be the same with instruments,…sounds, or even my groups.…
This makes it very easy and quick…to find all of the content inside of…your machine expansions.…
In Chapter 3, JK uses the same techniques to make a new sample-based track—a great way to make custom sounds you won't hear anywhere else. Start watching to learn how to make your own beats with MASCHINE.
- Quantizing beats to align notes
- Making a simple drum pattern
- Adding groove to beats
- Using MASCHINE expansions
- Creating melodies
- Adding bass, percussion, and FX
- Creating pattern variations
- Arranging songs
- Making beats from samples